Pages

Search here for anything in my blog

27.10.06

Pretentious

I went shopping yesterday in one of the famous malls of Dubai know as Mall of the Emirates. People also affectionately like to call it moe. I observed and understood that this world only and only favors right-handed and skinny and white people. We understand that this world is dominated by right-handed persons but how will you justify skinny and white?

I walked into very posh stores which have reasonably priced designer outfits. Not to mention that what will fit into my budget (a dhs.30 t-shirt) will be of the worst quality and de-shape in one single wash. So I picked up a t-shirt for dhs.44 and went to try it on. It is a fact that i have put on a lot of weight and my tummy flaunts it. In the trial room I get frustrated looking at how un-shapely the garment looks. All my rising hopes die like burning paper.

All clothes in such shops are meant for skinny people. Half the world's is over-weight and 90% of the rest half can't afford these clothes, so who exactly is the market favoring? And hey, wait up...the ten percent that's left- most of them include very rich people who won't even look at these shops twice while walking past. Now let's get the ball rolling...

The people who walk in may be suffering from a form of masochism. This behavior could be spotted coming from a fat woman or slightly over weight girl buy skinny clothes thinking that in the near future she shall compel herself to fit into those clothes. But, sadly these clothes only taunt her everyday as they stare at her from the cupboard space and remind her everyday of how ugly she is because she can't fit into them.

Now we come to the 'white' problem. I strolled into another shop with my (forever amazing body) sister and (awesome legs) sister-in-law. Here I didn't care to look at the clothes because I was sure about them laughing at me. I found make-up. Now, make-up isn't as bad as skinny clothes. At least every woman on the planet can use make-up no matter how fat or dark she is.

This is not a white country. It is fairish-brown country. The shop I was in does not specialize in make up but they had something to offer. I saw this tempting set of eye make up which was known as the 'gypsy colors'. My sister-in-law stood beside me and tried on one of the shades. It was hardly showing on her skin and she walked off from the make up booth saying that the shades are for 'very fair' skin.

So I conclude... saying nothing else but one thing, the people in this world are very pretentious.

3 comments:

Shaikh Yasir Ahmed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shaikh Yasir Ahmed said...

if u wre in india v cudv gone 2 azad maidan n held a protest (morcha) n shouted slogans (naaras)lyk

M.O.E hai hai!

ek do teen chaar, band karo yeh atyachaar.

bt i dnt spose thers an azad maidan in dubai...

Anonymous said...

LOL.. ur an awesome writer.. seriously.
and no there isnt an azad maidan in dubai or we cud hav done that too. lol.