Pages

Search here for anything in my blog

22.3.08

A Different Day

It is a peaceful day outside. At least it was till this morning before I opened my eyes to realize that I was awake. She lay beside me, a small girl with a face of innocence. I lay awake after that and noticed that outside my window it was a different day. I resumed staring at my ceiling; it was blank white. I closed my eyes and looked again but no noticeable change took place in that fraction of a second. I looked out of the window again. The small girl woke up and commented upon the beauty of the day as she smiled.

I got out of bed and stood before my sink mirror. I looked at myself. I was a a blur to myself. My glasses were at my desk. I opened the tap and fresh water came rushing into my life. I took some in the cup of my palms and splashed it on my face. Then my image improved in the mirror.

I went back to look out of the window. I saw it then; the beauty of the day. It really was beautiful. I just needed a change of perception.

3 comments:

Shaikh Yasir Ahmed said...

Like I once said, "Perceptions change Visuals"

I wonder, if every opinion/observation is relative...

Ahmed said...

@shadowed meanings
It seems to me a very subtle poetic angrezi manner to say 'jaa mu dho ke aa'

Haha

Shaikh Yasir Ahmed said...

Well, it's called class. Some have it, some don't. It's as simple as that.