Inspiration doesn't come from design books or manuals on writing. Inspiration comes from your surroundings.
I just dropped work mid-way just to tell you what I think right now. I had been flipping through a color book looking for some inspiration. Nothing came to me. I made a face at a poster that I used to regard as fairly cool some days ago. And almost immediately I reminded myself of a Sagmeister interview I was reading on www.sagmeister.com . He says in there that he doesn't go for design magazines to get inspiration, he merely flips through them for pleasure.
My design drone wants to sleep. Poor thing, I've made him a replica of so many others. Poor thing has no identity in the crowd. Poor thing truly serves no purpose. None at all.
Interact with your negative/white spaces. Give them life. Don't be so insensitive. Yes, I should interact in what I live. Remember the Half glass of water. How some people say it's half full and some say half empty? Now, that is sensitivity.
Look at this a, do you think the black strokes define the letter? oh no they don't. It's the white space that holds it out. It's the white space that constructs it.
Do you see it now?
1 comment:
:)
Post a Comment